Job Added: 13th January 2023
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
This is an integral business partnering role and a key role within the business entity being the number one go to person for all financial related aspect of the Business unit. The role will be working closely with the key business line leads and senior management team to help drive the strategic direction of the business unit to move the business forward, provide transparency to performance and promote overall growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for and take full accountability for all financial aspect of the Business Unit as well as supporting all strategic aspects of the business, including delivery of high quality reporting and analysis to the business on financial performance, KPIs and manage the analysis of key P&L drivers to support effective decision-making.
- Lead and drive efforts to provide pertinent and timely analysis & reporting of the financial performance of the business unit, providing management information, KPIs, analysis and insights on key P&L trends, identifying drivers of business performance and improving understanding and transparency to support strategic and commercial decision making.
- Delivery of annual budgets, variance analysis, quarterly re-forecasting and Board presentation
- Take a strategic view on the performance of the business unit in order to project the future performance expectations, balancing risks and opportunities in the market
- Delivery of monthly reporting on performance, identifying key drivers and flagging any underlying opportunities/issues
- Drive improved transparency and accountability with a robust framework for ongoing analysis
- Ultimate ownership of the month P&L and BS to ensure it is prepared in accordance with compliance and company’s accounting policies and procedures.
Responsible for the month end close activities in collaboration with management accountants, financial control and operational teams to ensure close is accurate and understood to include but not limited to:
- End to end management of the Operations lead performance result from revenue recognition, cost consumption, monitoring ongoing project progress and completion of ongoing and closing profitability analysis.
- All financial control lead activities for transactions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll) and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring the monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet is prepared in accordance with compliance and company’s accounting policies and procedures; ensuring the integrity and consistency of the financial information.
- Preparation, review, delivery and presentation of management information packs to include detailed commentary and analytics on monthly and year to date performance.
Responsible for the delivery of the Business Unit annual budget, quarterly re-forecast, actual and variance analysis to include but not limited to:
- Modelling of a number of P&L assumptions (revenue, recoverable costs and non- recoverable costs)
- Maintenance and review of project database in line with Operations to facilitate up to date reporting on all leasing related matters.
- Detailed analysis of key movements providing comprehensive commentary.
- Preparation, delivery and presentation of management information packs to include detailed commentary and analytics on key drivers to prior plan or budget.
- Risk and opportunity identified through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on all project progress and completions to include overall profitability assessment
- Review P&L’s in each department in the Business Unit.
- Support the FP&A consolidation team with Budget and ad-hoc analysis
- Developing junior employees, shares expertise with colleagues and drives change
- Active team player, suggesting ideas and efficiencies for leadership implementation
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders. This includes working in partnership with management and immediate team; and regular collaboration with Operations, Sales, HR and Marketing and external stakeholders (eg Auditors)
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with key stakeholders
Systems and Processes
- Manages, co-ordinates, implements and develops a range of important activities, processes, functions or relationships in the Business Unit
Key Attributes / Skills and Qualifications:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA / Financial related degree or equivalent level
- Advanced MS Office skills (particularly Excel)
Essential Experience & Skills
- Proven and strong experience in business partnering/ Commercial Finance
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Have experience in working in a growing organisation and being the bridge between the business and Finance
- Commercially minded and highly analytical problem solver
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Strategic & operational level thinking
- Experience working with and influencing financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Passionate, motivated, proactive and flexible attitude
- Developing and implementing effective and efficient processes
- Attention to detail and high level of numeracy
- Capable of communicating clearly both in writing and verbally
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Good listener and consults with others where necessary
- Ability to manage and work with multiple projects at the same time
How to apply:
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV & Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org