Job Added: 13th January 2023
Reports to: Commercial Finance Manager
Responsibilities and duties for the role will include:
- Take ownership of governance for the balance sheet, ensuring accurate recording of all transactions, reconciliation of control accounts and preparation and reporting for month/year ends with variance analyses and other necessary reporting.
- Lead governance of operating expenses, inter-company recharges and tax, as well oversee all areas of AR/AP with credit control and cash management as well as VAT and payroll.
- Oversee fixed asset ledger maintenance and ensure all transactions are correctly accounted for including right of use and other accounting protocols accurately recorded.
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting for all opex and the balance sheet, monitoring performance against budgets and forecasts as well as explaining variances.
- Ensure timely and accurate information is provided for all US reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain KPIs to provide management with leading indicators.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Manage year end reporting for areas of responsibility including internal and external liaison regarding tax and audit.
- Co-ordinate and communicate relevant accounting updates to relevant colleagues ensuring correct disclosure information is maintained.
- Oversee R&D claims as well as management of asset portfolio with associated financial reporting knowledge.
- Promote and develop streamlining and automation of reporting to ensure financial systems are well maintained and capable to meet reporting demands.
- Maintain external reporting compliance, including international VAT and other registrations.
- Assist with the maintenance, review, development and documentation of internal controls, processes and procedures relating to the balance sheet and Opex, co-ordinating internal audits and ensuring compliance with a SOX environment.
- Manage, mentor and develop team members promoting best practice across all areas.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial planning and analysis and special projects, as required.
Key Attributes / Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years PQE in similar roles (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Effective communicator with both financial and non-financial colleagues.
- Management skills.
- Confidence to challenge others, solve problems and make decisions.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics NAV or similar ERP (desirable).
- Competent with reporting tools eg Power BI.
- Occasional travel to other company sites within the UK/internationally.
How to apply:
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV & Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org