Job Added: 10th November 2023
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Lead and drive efforts to provide timely analysis & reporting of the financial performance of the business unit, providing management information, KPIs, analysis and insights on key P&L trends, identifying drivers of business performance and improving understanding and transparency to support strategic and commercial decision making.
- Delivery of annual budgets, variance analysis, quarterly re-forecasting and board presentations.
- Take an overview on the performance of the business unit in order to forecast the future performance expectations, balancing risks and opportunities in the market.
- Delivery of monthly reporting on the UK/EU regional performance to the group finance team flagging any underlying opportunities/issues.
- Drive improved transparency and accountability with a robust framework for ongoing analysis.
- Ultimate ownership of the month P&L and BS to ensure it is prepared in accordance with compliance and company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Contribute to and with the Group Finance team to share efficiencies and reporting to promote consistency and collaboration.
Responsible for the month end close activities in collaboration with the business partners, financial control and operational teams to ensure accuracy and understood to include but not limited to:
- End to end management of the operations lead performance result from revenue recognition, cost consumption, monitoring ongoing project progress and completion of ongoing and closing profitability analysis.
- All financial control lead activities for transactions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll) and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring the monthly P&L and balance sheet is prepared in accordance with compliance and company’s accounting policies and procedures; ensuring the integrity and consistency of the financial information.
- Preparation, review, delivery and presentation of management information packs to include detailed commentary and analytics on monthly and year to date performance.
Responsible for the team’s delivery of the Business Unit annual budget, quarterly re-forecast, actual and variance analysis to include but not limited to:
- Modelling of a number of P&L assumptions (revenue, recoverable costs and non- recoverable costs).
- Maintenance and review of project database in line with operations to facilitate up to date reporting on all leasing related matters.
- Detailed analysis of key movements providing comprehensive commentary.
- Preparation, delivery and presentation of management information packs to include detailed commentary and analytics on key drivers to prior plan or budget.
- Risk and opportunity identified through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Oversee and report on all project progress and completions to include overall profitability assessment.
- Review P&L’s in each department in the Business Unit and for the companies within the UK/EU consolidation.
- Support the group finance team with budget and any ad-hoc analysis.
- Active leader for the team, managing their deliverables and targets as well as implementing good working practices and efficiencies.
- Collaboration with other departments including Operations, Sales, HR and Marketing and external stakeholders (eg auditors) to ensure commerciality is a focus as well as all financial deliverables are met.
- Develop and mentor junior employees, share expertise with colleagues as well as consider and implement efficiencies to drive change.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA / Financial related degree or equivalent level
- Advanced MS Office skills (particularly Excel)
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Competency in all aspects business partnering/commercial finance.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Possess a background in navigating the dynamics of an expanding organisation and serving as the link connecting the business and finance.
- Commercially minded and highly analytical problem solver.
- Ability to work independently.
- Tactical & operational level thinking.
- Experience working with and influencing financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Passionate, motivated, proactive and flexible attitude.
- Developing and implementing effective and efficient processes.
- Attention to detail and high level of numeracy.
- Lead compliance for all SOX and other corporately related requirements.
How to apply:
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV & Covering letter to: email@example.com