Job Added: 25th July 2022
Reports to: HESQ Manager
Responsibilities and duties for the role will include:
- Providing legislative advice to the management team on all matters relating to Health and Safety to ensure compliance
- Managing the Health and Safety management system including monitoring and reviewing: policy, procedures, risk assessments, COSHH register, method statements, etc.
- Coordinating and completing documents relating to Health and Safety to ensure simplicity, consistency and accessibility
- Assisting with CDM activities where Steel Storage and Janus are the Principal Contractor
- Providing inductions where necessary.
- Providing the relevant training on safety management, best practice and changes to policy and procedure including design and delivery of toolbox talks when necessary.
- Identifying initiatives to improve performance in Health and Safety
- Driving ownership of safety with all employees
- Engaging staff and managers to maximise improvements in safety performance
- Responsible for the tests and drills and the maintenance of any equipment
- Monthly and quarterly reports, and any ad hoc reporting required
- Attending and contribute to management meetings where required
- Keeping up with current Health and Safety legislation, news and developments
- Keeping individual CPD up to date
- Developing and maintaining standards across Janus International Europe sites Health and Safety management programmes and systems in written format and recording and through face to face contact, communication and team briefing.
- Supporting line management in delivering Health and Safety objectives.
- Undertaking training of employees and ensure that the appropriate standards are achieved and maintained.
- Advising and assisting line management with the implementation of new or existing Health and Safety related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and Client sites.
- Completing inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained.
- Liaising with Heads of Departments and/or Line Managers coordinating training plans.
- Assisting in retaining all current Health and Safety accreditations and work towards the attainment of new Health and Safety accreditations. Advises line management in Production, Office and Client Sites of health safety matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Providing support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitating all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention.
- Assisting in arrangement of occupational health and safety with third party practitioners.
- Assisting with tender/submission documentation.
- Undertaking any ad hoc projects/tasks as requested by the HSQ Manager
Key Attributes / Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communicator at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as word and excel.
- Minimum two years in a full-time health and safety role within a manufacturing environment.
- Organised, with an attention to detail and comfortable with working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant qualifications (NEBOSH General Cert minimum).
- Experience in a Health and Safety construction environment and/or NEBOSH Construction Cert/SMSTS (desirable).
- Experience in a quality manufacturing role (desirable).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft forms (desirable).
- Experience with ISO 45001(desirable).
- Experience with the production of metal finished goods (desirable).
How to apply:
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV & Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org