Job Added: 31st August 2022
Based: Manufacturing Plant & Logistics Centre, Peterlee
Department: HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality)
Reports to: HSQ Manager
Responsibilities and duties for the role will include:
- Ensuring that all aspects of quality inspections are carried out thoroughly, and suggesting process improvements and controls, utilising quality improvement processes/tools.
- Communicating test failures and any quality issues to the relevant individuals, supervisors and management in order to escalate problems and enable quick remedial action.
- Ensuring that quality KPIs are achieved across all sites with accurate monthly/quarterly and ad hoc reporting.
- Managing non-conformances through to resolution by means of root cause analysis, continuous improvement and implementing robust preventative actions with Line Managers.
- Supporting with audits of the: quality system, processes, products and performance reporting.
- Providing technical support during the creation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and risk assessments.
- Maintaining a high standard of communication, both written and verbal, to all levels of the organisation.
- Undertaking any training and continual personal development required to fulfil the role, staying up-to-date with current legislation and case studies.
Key Attributes / Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous quality assurance experience in a metal based manufacturing process environment (preferably with an engineering background).
- Lean Six Sigma Qualified.
- Experience with ISO 9001.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A balance of pragmatism and strictness.
- An analytical mindset.
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A working understanding of systems such as ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics (IT experience desirable not essential).
How to apply:
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV & Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org